Wednesday, June 20, 2018



Best Ever Mashed Potatoes
Mashed potatoes are my absolute favorite food, and I've tweaked my recipe many times trying to achieve potato perfection.  I think I've finally mastered them, because these potatoes always get tons of compliments!

One of my favorite things about these potatoes is you don't need to top them with gravy, which saves a big step in the preparation process.  If you are a gravy lover, then by all means go right ahead and toss some on there! 

The last time I made these, I didn't add the bacon bits and they were just as delicious (and a tad bit healthier). 
 Enjoy :)
Ready in 25 minutes
Serves 4-6 people as a side dish
Ingredients
  • 4-5 large russet potatoes
  • 4 oz cream cheese
  • ¼ cup sour cream
  • ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 4 strips of bacon
  • 4 tbsp butter
  • 2 tsp parsley
  • 1 tsp garlic salt
  • 2  tsp black pepper
  • 6 cups water
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
  2. Slice potatoes and cut into 1-1 ½" pieces.  Note: I use potatoes with the peel still on because I feel like it gives them more flavor.
  3. In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil and add potatoes. I like to add a little garlic salt to the water to give the potatoes more flavor.  Boil until soft enough to mash with a fork.
  4. While the potatoes are boiling, line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place bacon strips on, evenly spaced.
  5. Bake the bacon for about 15-20 minutes until they reach the crispiness level you desire.  Place bacon strips on a paper towel lined plate to soak up the extra grease.
  6. Drain potatoes; do not rinse.  Return potatoes to pan and add butter.
  7. Using a masher or wooden spoon, mash potatoes until they reach the desired consistency.
  8. Add the cream cheese and sour cream, mixing thoroughly.
  9. Mix in the cheddar cheese, parsley, pepper, and garlic salt. Continue mixing until cheese is completely melted.
  10. Chop bacon into bits and add to potatoes.  Stir until they are mixed evenly.
  11. Serve and enjoy!

Tips


The best thing about these potatoes is that you don’t need to top with gravy, just a dab of butter will do!


No comments:

Post a Comment